Ontario tax brackets and rates

Here is a list of historical tax brackets and tax rates for Ontario province. Use Ontario tax calculator to check how much taxes you need to pay.

2016 2015 2014 2013 2012

Ontario tax brackets and rates 2016

In 2016 tax brackets and Ontario personal basic amount were increased by 1.5%.

Basic personal amount for 2016 is $10,011.

Taxable income Rate
from $0 to $41,536 5.05%
from $41,537 to $83,075 9.15%
from $83,076 to $150,000 11.16%
from $150,001 to $220,000 12.16%
over $220,000 13.16%

Ontario surtax rates 2016

Ontario surtax brackets also were increased by 1.5% in 2016

Payable tax Rate
greater than $4,418 up to $5,654 20%
over $5,654 56% (20% + 36%)

The 36% surtax is in addition to the 20% surtax, for a total surtax of 56%.

Ontario tax brackets and rates 2015

In 2015 tax brackets and Ontario personal basic amount were increased by 2%.

Basic personal amount for 2015 is $9,863.

Taxable income Rate
from 0 up to $40,922 5.05%
from $40,922 up to $81,847 9.15%
from $81,847 up to $150,000 11.16%
from $150,001 up to $220,000 12.16%
over $220,000 13.16%

Ontario surtax rates 2015

Ontario surtax brackets also were increased by 2% in 2015

Payable tax Rate
greater than $4,484 up to $5,739 20%
over $5,739 56% (20% + 36%)

Ontario tax brackets and rates 2014

In 2014 tax brackets and Ontario personal basic amount were increased by 1%.

Basic personal amount for 2014 is $9,370.

In 2014 also were changed tax brackets in Ontario province and people with earnings between $150,000 and $220,000 have tax rate increase from 11.16% to 12.16%.

Taxable income Rate
from 0 up to $40,120 5.05%
from $40,121 up to $80,242 9.15%
from $80,243 up to $150,000 11.16%
from $150,001 up to $220,000 12.16%
over $220,000 13.16%

Ontario surtax rates 2014

Ontario surtax brackets also were increased by 1% in 2014

Payable tax Rate
greater than $4,331 up to $5,543 20%
over $5,543 56% (20% + 36%)

Ontario tax brackets and rates 2013

In 2013 Ontario provincial government increased all tax brackets by 1.8% and tax rate for income over $509,000 was increased from 12.16% to 13.16%.

Taxable income Rate
from 0 up to $39,723 5.05%
from $39,724 up to $79,448 9.15%
from $79,449 up to $509,000 11.16%
over $509,000 13.16%

Ontario surtax rates 2013

Ontario surtax brackets also were increased by 1.8% in 2013

Payable tax Rate
greater than $4,289 up to $5,489 20%
over $5,489 56%

Ontario tax brackets and rates 2012

In 2012 Ontario government introduced another income bracket for income over $500,000 and now there are four income brackets in Ontario:

Taxable income Rate
from 0 up to $39,020 5.05%
from $39,021 up to $78,043 9.15%
from $78,044 up to $500,000 11.16%
over $500,000 12.16%

Besides provincial taxes there is surtax (i.e. tax on tax) in Ontario:

Payable tax Rate
greater than $4,213 up to $5,392 20%
over $5,392 56%

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *